Remote conference within the M17 Sculpture Prize Forum: Abstracts submission period26.12.2020 - 20.01.2021
Deadline for submission of abstracts is January 20, 2021
From January 21 to February 21, 2021, the M17 Sculpture Prize International Forum will take place at the M17 Contemporary Art Center that should become an analytical platform for reflecting on the results of the first Ukrainian professional prize in the field of three-dimensional art – M17 Sculpture Prize – and of the exhibition M17 Sculpture Prize: Roots and Pollen with the Prize nominees’ works (which is now taking place at the M17).
In parallel with the Forum, we decided to organize a conference to discuss similar issues in a remote format.
The theme of the Conference: Reforming the Space
Following the conference, it is planned to publish a pdf-collection; also, it is anticipated that some selected materials will be published on the website of the M17 Contemporary Art Center, as well as in the catalogue for the M17 Sculpture Prize: Roots and Pollen exhibition (with ISBN number).
Selected participants of the conference will be invited to present their reports within the activities that will take place during the M17 Sculpture Prize International Forum (from January 21 to February 21, 2021).
So, the objective of the Forum and the conference is to analyze what artists feel the state reform should be and how their activities could directly affect social, political, ideological transformations in the country and over the world. During the global redistribution of spheres of influence, narrative and meanings interventions in communication processes, it is important to pay meticulous attention to what forms the surrounding space takes. What do these forms tell us? What do they indicate? And how to start the reform “from below”, in which the “form of space” would have a transformational impact on the ideology, instead of being its “symptom”?
Who can take part in the conference:
MA and PhD students, PhD students, academics, cultural industries workers involved in the development of three-dimensional art issues, and artists themselves.
- A CITY AND PUBLIC ART: Features and Forms of Art Objects in an Urban Environment
- THE NEW TECHNOLOGIES: How Technological Progress Is Changing Three-Dimensional Art
- ART IN NATURAL LANDSCAPE: The Benefits of Environmental Art
Working languages: Ukrainian (or another native language – for foreign citizens), English.
There is no registration fee.
To take part in the conference, it is necessary by January 20, 2021:
- fill in the electronic application form;
- send abstracts in two languages to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (indicating the subject of the letter: “M17 Sculpture Prize Forum. Conference.” Attention! Letters sent without specifying this subject will not be considered!)
- abstracts are submitted in two languages: Ukrainian (or another native language – for foreign citizens) plus the English translation;
- format – .doc (font Times New Roman, type size 14 point, 1.5 line spacing, all margins – 2 cm);
- volume – 2-5 pages.